Saturday, August 14, 2010

Real Simple Writing Contest

Over at the Real Simple website they are having a writing contest.  I am thinking of entering it....yet, I am terrified!  I hate showing people what I have written...I hate it so much that I don't even like turning in the papers that I have written for class.  But, I feel like it is the much overdue time to get over it.  So I think I am going to do it. 

The prompt for the contest is "I never thought I'd..."  Well I never thought I'd actually turn over something I have written out of my own free will for a contest.  But...the winner gets a two night trip to New York to meet with the editors of Real Simple, $3,000, and Broadway tickets.  I am most excited for the meeting with the editors.  I think that that would be the most awesome thing to do, since I am hoping to one day work in the publishing/editing  field.  I'm not getting my hopes up either because just turning my work in to be read by a complete stranger would be accomplishment enough...for now.

Want to enter yourself?  Go Here:  Real Simple Writing Contest

No comments: