Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 3: Generalizations are... and Random Finds #6

"All Generalizations are bad"
-R.H. Grenier

This is one of my favorite quotes.  It sums up a lot of notions about generalizations....and I like the play on words.  I think that sometimes generalizations are OK, for example: I generally use commas like confetti. It doesn't mean that I, always, use, a lot, of, commas, (Side note:  I turned in my final paper in class and really tried hard to not use too many commas and to use them properly, but then I got it back and there were so many commas that I needed to use!  I think I am getting the hang of it though!).  But lumping people into one way of being is not the way to use generalization.  For myself I know that this is hard to catch in some instances when it would be easier to generalize...But I think that I am getting better at this more than I am for my comma usage!

Here are some random finds for you to enjoy :-)

I just might have to make these!

I would like this shirt....and this ring...and this bracelet.

Wow...are you kidding me?

Maybe if I hadn't stopped playing the piano I would be like this guy right now...sigh....minus the crazy hair.... Or maybe even this guy...Look at that crazy left hand! again, minus the crazy hair.

No comments: