Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 2: A photo of something I do in the Summer to keep cool.

When I was little, my sister and I would spend ALL day swimming during the Summer...the ends of our brunette hair turned green.  We would make up games, but my sister always made sure that I was the inferior...for example: we would play mermaid, and I couldn't be Ariel because "I didn't sing good enough."  This coming from the judge who wanted to be Ariel herself.  But that's OK because my cousin and I would make her be Norma while I was April.  Not that these past few days have been especially hot...considering June Gloom and all, but I think that it would be a good idea to start thinking of some things to keep cool in hotter summer days. 

Strawberries (ZTA favorites!) are perfect for those hot days (did you know that it is strawberry season? my favorite time of the year!)  And perhaps making your own Popsicles to keep cool? I like watching Lily eat Popsicles, she always has a huge red/ purple/ green (whatever color the Popsicle is) stain on her clothes...so precious.  I remember being a kid drinking red juice all day with the result of two side mustaches.  This summer i think that my nieces will be over a lot more for swimming...Lily is getting really good at it!

I decided to do a little creating this morning, and this is what I came up with.  Happy Sunday everyone!
Watercolor paper, charcoal, acrylic paint, stamps, puffy paint.

2 comments:

Steph Kunze said...

I love your painting!

The Brook's said...

Great job friend you are becoming so creative, I ♥ it!!