Saturday, August 7, 2010

Baguette.

Nearly every Friday night my friends and I get together for wine night.  Sometimes we will do themed nights where we "travel" around the world.  Once we went to Poland (accompanied by some bland food and ketchup) and this week we went to France.  This was a very successful wine night.  Some of the girls brought macaroons, some cheese, some ratatouille, and I made...a french bread baguette!  (probably a pitiful display of French food, but we tried!)  I had made loaves of bread before through the mentoring of my meemaw, but this was a little different.  This is the recipe I used...and i took some pictures of the process:

Kneading the dough:

Letting it rise:

Fresh out of the oven:

It was pretty easy to make...but my meemaw's bread is SO much better!

No comments: