Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Grand Canyon...Pt. 3

After our hike, we were so tired.  We decided to head back to our campsite, and possibly listen to the ranger show that was going on at the site.  We stopped in the little town to see a few things that were going on, and a lot of it reminded us of the Oregon Trail


There was also a Native American Art Show, and we decided to check that out as well!



The best times to see the Grand Canyon are at sunset and sunrise.  We decided that we were going to wait for sunrise since we were so tired.  Then, we ran into one of the rangers and he said that we should see the sunset, it is the most beautiful.  So, we decided to do that...it was worth it.

We went to a different location than where we were at the beginning of the day.  It was a half hour further to get the the Desert View Watch Tower, but I'm glad that we got to see another angle of the Canyon.





I am so glad that we didn't miss the sunset!  At night it got freezing.  I think that the average at night is 28 degrees?  It definitely felt that cold!  We fell asleep around 9:30 (We were very tired!) 

I woke up in the middle of the night with the most excruciating need to go to the bathroom.  I thought that it had to be at least 3 a.m. and I was hopeful that I could hold it till morning, but when I looked at the clock it was only 11 p.m.!  I couldn't believe it.  I woke up Cheryl and made her walk all the way to the bathroom in the freezing cold with me.  I was able to sleep a little more comfortably, but I still slept in the fetal position all night because I was so cold!  I don't think that I wouldn't have been able to get myself out of bed for the sun rise had we missed the sunset! 

We woke up in the morning around 7:30 a.m., packed up, and headed back home.  But, we still had a few more stops though...

No comments: