Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 25: The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

When I was younger, I would spend a week or so each summer at my grandma's house.  Not being ones for the outdoors, my sister and I  would watch some good ol' fashioned VHS tapes...along with a few cousins.  Our favorites included Mrs. Doubtfire, Casper, and Hi-Tops.  I know that a lot of people haven't had the absolute pleasure of seeing Hi-Tops...but you must!  (Disclaimer: probably the only reason why I love it so much is because of the nostalgia).  Some people that I have shown it to do not have the heart for it that I do...and some even gave up in the middle of it and couldn't finish the wonderful splendours of it! 

A long time ago...we lost the tape!  It was devastating...our only copy that had made its home in the nook of our grandmas house for so many years...missing!  Then... a few years ago my grandma came down for my birthday.  She had a present for me.  It was not only a copy of Hi-Tops...but a burned DVD copy!  I was so happy that I cried! My grandma knows me so well!  It was so nice, and the most thoughtful gift I have ever gotten.

No comments: