Friday, April 16, 2010

Another Dinner Night...

I was finally able to make another Wednesday night dinner.  I asked my dad if he had any preference, and he was dead set on rice.  (I tried to coax him into a vegetarian Pad Thai, but he was not down for that...I suppose I will have to save that for another night!)  So, I found a Vegetarian Fried Rice Recipe online, and it was so good! The recipe called for Herebes de Provence, and since I didn't know what that meant, I looked it up.  I couldn't find it in the store, so I found a substitute, but even then the substitute made 2 tablespoons, but I only needed one teaspoon.  So I tried to wing it.  Normally when I do that, it never works out.  But this time, shockingly enough, it did!  I just added a few pinches of thyme, a couple pinches of rosemary, and sesame seeds.  The recipe also called for extra miscellaneous vegetable, so my dad suggested peas and corn (since we happened to have some in the fridge, and I had already gone to the market).  I think that next time, I would like to try different veggies, because I am not a huge fan of corn.  It turned out well, and I will be making this again for sure.

No comments: