Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Strike 3...I'm Out.

This is the third dinner that I have made so far in my quest for culinary skills, and let me tell you...it was not my favorite...not even my second..or third...or tenth...I think you get the picture.  I found the recipe from 101 cookbooks.  It is called, "Miso Harissa Delicata Squash"  However, I did not use Delicata Squash, just regular yellow squash...but I don't think that's why it was not good.  Also, the Harissa paste I could not find either so I used the chilis from the Linguine Pasta that I had first made.  This could have been the reason why it did not taste so good.  I had looked up a recipe online for Harissa paste to make it myself.  But I was feeling kind of lazy and confident that the chilis would do just as well with a little garlic added.  I find myself thinking this a lot when I divert from directions, it never works out well.  I'd like to say that I would try it next time but oo bad for this recipe, for I do not think that I will be making this again.  On the brightside...the potatoes were cooked well...roasting turned out to be a sinch!  I must say that the roasting did give me a smidge of a restless night.  Perhaps I should have read the directions because all I had to do was throw them in the oven!  Next Wednesday is a new night, and I am confident that I will find another delicious recipe!

My Miso Harissa Delicata Squash


No comments: