Thursday, August 26, 2010

Upland Street Fair.

The Upland Street Fair
My friend Cheryl and I have been wanting to go to a Farmer's market for a while now.  The other day our other friend Lanee asked us to come and visit her at work, and it just so happens that she works on the street of the Farmer's market and it was going at the same time!  It was meant to be.  Cheryl and I walked around for a bit at first (it was unbelievably hot, 100 degrees...yikes!) So we headed over to Lanee's work.  We enjoyed some refreshing pear cider, and Lanee was able to eat with us too before she started work.  It was nice to be able to catch up with her since I haven't seen her in a few weeks


After that, we headed back outside.  It was SO much cooler than before.  We walked around a little more, then happened across a thrift store.  Cheryl enticed me inside by pointing out a large collection of books....I was soo excited, but as it turns out they were VHS tapes!  Easily mistakable from far, right?  As we looked around, there were shelves and shelves, and boxes and boxes of vinyl records.  I was wishing that my family still has a record player but I am pretty sure that it was given away a long time ago.  Luckily Cheryl's family still has theirs!  We thought it absolutely necessary to invest in the $1 records.  We chose some really good ones like: Dance hits of the 60's, Sweet Charity soundtrack, Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, Paul Anka, (Gilmore Girls inspired me to purchase it!) and (the best find of the night) Journey!  We are going to get together tomorrow and have a listen...I am too excited for it!

No comments: