Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pudd'nhead Wilson.

I just finished reading the book Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain, and I think this just might be one of my top favorite books. It was a simple fast read, that was also incredibly witty and humorous. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from it:

Adam was but human- this explains it all. He did not
want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was
forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent: then he would
have eaten the serpent.


One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie
is that a cat only has nine lives.


October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to
speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April,
November, May, March, June, December, August and February.


Behold, the fool saith, "Put not all thine eggs in the one
basket"- which is but a manner of saying, "Scatter your money and your
attention"; but the wise man saith, "Put all your eggs in the one basket and
-WATCH THAT BASKET

These are just a few of the quotes that I liked from this book.
The story line and the characters were also entertaining and thought
provoking. I definitely recommend it, and think it worth your time to
read it. Probably my favorite Mark Twain book.

No comments: